DCC Propane, LLC dba Deluca Gas
Personal Information means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, a unique personal identifier, name, alias, social security number, physical description, address, telephone number, e-mail address, passport number, driver’s license or state identification data, account information, insurance policy data, education, employment-related information, financial information, medical information, health insurance information, commercial information or other purchase or consumption data, biometric information, Internet Protocol address, online identifiers or other electronic network information activity, geolocation data, audio, electronic, visual, and inferences drawn from any of the information identified to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, and aptitudes.
Personal Information does not include:
• Publicly available information from government records; or
• De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
Other laws that independently govern privacy-related information and data include but are not limited to:
• Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data; or
• Personal Information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including but not limited to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994; and
- Individual state-enacted privacy laws.
Information We Collect About You
We may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
A name, alias, address, telephone number, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, e-mail address, account information, financial and insurance information, medical information, physical characteristics or description, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Protected Classification Characteristics
Age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information) or other classifications protected by law.
- Commercial Information
Records of property, products, or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories, or tendencies.
- Internet or Other Similar Network Activity
Browser or domain data, Internet Protocol address, navigation history, and other information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation Data
Physical location or movements.
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
Current or past job history, performance evaluations, or employment history.
- Inferences Drawn from other Personal Information
The profile reflects a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes. We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following sources:
• Directly and indirectly from our consumers or their agents
• Directly and indirectly from activity on our websites
• From third parties that interact with us in connection with the services we or the third parties perform.
How We Use Personal Information
We may use or disclose the Personal Information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
• To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information was provided to us. For example, if you request information about products and services when you register for promotions or sign up for service. When you voluntarily submit your contact information (g. name, address, e-mail address, telephone number) via our website, you consent to receive information from us about our products and services.
• To respond to e-mails. We may retain your e-mail, e-mail address, and our response to you. This information is used to answer your follow-up questions and measure how effectively we address your concerns.
• To customize offers of products and services. We may ask you to voluntarily provide us with information about your interests, demographics, experience with our products and services, and contact preferences to help customize product and service offerings to our consumers.
• To assist with calls made to our Customer Service representatives or visits made to service locations. We may collect and combine Personal Information from other sources with Personal Information that you provide online.
• To release information to any law enforcement or other government agency, as required by applicable law or regulation, to enforce the terms of agreements or protect rights, property, or safety. Under such circumstances, we may be prohibited from providing you with notice of such disclosure, and we reserve the right not to provide you with such notice.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with service providers so that they can provide you with information about our products and services and perform billing and payment functions.
We may share your Personal Information, including but not limited to, your social security number or driver’s license number with credit bureaus and consumer reporting agencies, to the extent necessary for them to provide services to us.
We may share your Personal Information with our subsidiaries or affiliates, so that they may send you information about special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you based on your purchase history, activity on our website, and other information that you have given us.
If we sell, transfer, or otherwise share some or all our assets in connection with a merger, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution, or sale of assets, we may transfer your Personal Information without your consent.
Third Party Service Providers
DCC PROPANE, LLC may use various outside agencies (third-party service providers) to operate various features made available on our website. Some of these third parties may need access to your information to make the services provided through our website work. Information only will be disclosed to these service providers on a need-to-know basis, and they only will be permitted to use such information to provide the services provided by such entities in connection with our website. From time to time, DCC PROPANE, LLC may enter strategic alliances to enhance and expand the scope of the services we can provide. Some of these strategic alliances may involve operating co-branded websites with a strategic partner. When you see websites co-branded with DCC PROPANE, LLC (meaning they would have both the DCC PROPANE, LLC logo and the logo or trademarks of another company), you should be aware that these sites’ privacy and security policies might vary from ours. Please consult the privacy and security policy of the Website you are visiting.
We may share aggregated and statistical non-personal Information with third parties to better understand how our websites are used and to improve user experience.
Any data transfer to a third-party processor must be governed by a written contract.
Contact us inquiries
Individuals seeking more information about DCC PROPANE, LLC may use our website to request information. Any information provided will not be shared or disseminated except as noted below.
Cookies are bits of electronic information placed over the Internet onto your computer. By assigning a tracking number to each computer accessing DCC PROPANE LLC’s site, DCC PROPANE, LLC can recognize when a customer’s computer accesses its site which allows DCC PROPANE, LLC to tailor information for each customer. While cookies allow DCC PROPANE, LLC to tailor information to each specific customer, DCC PROPANE, LLC does not store personal information about a customer or the customer’s finances using cookies. Cookies are standard on the Internet and utilized by most websites whether you are aware of it or not. Customers who wish to prevent cookies or be notified when a cookie is being placed should consult their browser’s settings, data collection, and reporting service.
When DCC PROPANE, LLCE does collect customer data, it will be collecting several items to allow customers to pay bills online. For this process to operate, we will need you to supply your name and e-mail address and generate a User ID and password. Your User ID and password will be your identity for purposes of interacting with DCC PROPANE, LLC’s website.
To make our site as effective as possible, the computers that operate the site may collect certain information each time you visit the site and store these statistics in server logs. These statistics do not identify the specific user but will give us information regarding the type of user who is accessing the site and certain browsing activities of that user. Information collected in this way includes the IP address of the user accessing our site (i.e., the unique ID number of the user’s computer), the type of browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and operating system (system software) used to access our site, the website from which our web page was launched, how long the user accessed our site in any given session and the date and time of access. We may make extensive use of these non-personally identifiable aggregated data to understand how our site is being used and will share them with advertisers, sponsors, investors, strategic partners, and others to develop, promote, and expand our business.
Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
Our site is designed for business purposes only and is not designed for use by anyone under 18 years of age.
How We Protect Your Information
DCC Propane LLC recognizes the importance of managing, retaining, and disposing of data and records appropriately and in line with legal requirements.
While carrying out its business activities, DCC Propane LLC collects information from individuals and external organizations and generates a wide range of data and information that is recorded and retained. These records can take many different forms and can be kept as physical paper records or in electronic form.
Retention of data and information may be necessary to:
- Fulfil statutory or other regulatory requirements,
- Provide evidence of events/agreements in the case of disputes,
- Meet operational needs,
- Provide commercial protection to the business, or
- Assist in managing our relationship with a data subject.
The retention policy is fundamental in ensuring that DCC Propane does not prematurely destroy documents that are required for business purposes. Conversely, the Data Retention Policy emphasizes the importance of having the timely and secure disposal of both paper and electronic documents/records that are no longer required for business purposes.
All controllers and employees are responsible for ensuring that data used to fulfill their role is managed in line with the provisions of the DCC Record Retention Policy (DCC Record Retention Policy 2.0).
Typos and Omissions
While DCC PROPANE, LLC tries very hard to ensure the accuracy of the information we provide, we are not responsible for typographical errors, technical inaccuracies, or omissions.
Security Breach Notifications
When applicable, under individual state-enacted privacy laws, DCC Propane LLC will do the following when it becomes aware of a security breach:
- Conduct a good faith prompt investigation to determine the likelihood that personal information has been or will be misused; and
- Give notice to affected individual state privacy law residents as soon as possible, unless the investigation determines that the misuse of information has not occurred and is not reasonably likely to occur.
Notice will be given to individual state-enacted privacy law residents by any of the following methods:
- written notice to the postal address listed in the records of the covered entity;
- telephonic notice;
- electronic notice, provided that electronic notice is listed as a means of communication by the covered entity; or
- substitute notice
Links to Third-Party Sites
DCC PROPANE, LLC’s website may contain links to third-party sites. These links are provided for convenience and informational purposes and are not controlled by DCC PROPANE, LLC, and DCC PROPANE, LLC does not monitor the content of such third-party sites. Connection to any linked site is at your own risk.
Changes in Policy